1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football bowl thread: Days of Signs and Roses

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Dec 5, 2023.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Watching the slow-mo breakdown of the last play in Alabama-Michigan, I don't think it's been mentioned yet just how much Michigan's Josaiah Stewart (No. 5, coming off the right edge) won them that game. He went full Incredible Hulk and absolutely destroyed Alabama's right tackle (No. 65). Pushed him into the backfield, right into Milroe's path. Milroe tripped over the tackle's leg before he could make any sort of move and stumbled into the pile.
    Argue over the wisdom of the play call, but give that defender a lot of credit.

2. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

I'll admit I didn't like the call, but lost so often in sports is that, you know, the other team probably has good players, too. Sometimes TERRIBLE CALL is because the defense disguised something well and made a great play.

franticscribe and Batman like this.
  3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Best adjustment by Alabama was sticking in little-used freshman runner Justice Hayes after halftime. He’s got the pure speed and extra gear that the rest of the backfield doesn’t. But late in the game Bama got cautious and went back to Jace McLellan. And on the fourth down play they had Roydell Williams, the biggest plodder of the group. I figured it was to pass block but who knows.

4. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Watching live, it seemed to me that if Milroe pulled the ball on Alabama’s second and goal play in OT, instead of letting the RB keep it, he had a lane to possibly score.

And as someone else mentioned, the U-M defender had a handful of jersey on the third and goal play. But the refs were letting a lot go between receivers and DBs all game.

Batman likes this.
  5. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

That’s a fumble!

6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

PAC-12 refs don’t see the problem with that call

I Should Coco likes this.
  7. dixiehack

I was wondering about that today. How do they decide which officials spin off to which conference next year?

8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I imagine some of them are going to get picked up somewhere since the other conferences have extra games. I’m sure even with their reputation, they won’t have too big of a problem getting hired.

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Yawn. Right about now --- yawn, well, about 45 minutes ago --- is why a 5 p.m. EST Rose Bowl sucks.

3:30 and 7:45. TV can show the sunset while it's signing off from Pasadena.

10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

You. YOU. You’ll never be a member here. IMG_0451.jpeg

11. dixiehack

OMG he’s even wearing the right color blazer.

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  12. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Some people just don't belong.

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted