1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football bowl thread: Days of Signs and Roses

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Dec 5, 2023.

1. JC

JC Well-Known Member

No.

2. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Possible hot take incoming:

I think Army-Navy is a great spectacle when it is a means of celebrating the honorable history and traditions of two branches of the greatest fighting force in the history of the world. I am much less interested when it is used as a means of selling car insurance and quasi-tactical and other commemorative merchandise or to assign guilt to those who have not served, more often than not by people who themselves have not served but want to justify their political culture.

3. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Should it be pay per view with no commercials?

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Besides, I thought Wheel of Fortune was America's Game.

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Holy Space Force!

6. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Most of you watching Army-Navy probably feel like you’re watching a different game, or at least a different era, of college football.

Very limited offense. Lots of punts. The biggest plays of the game happening on defense.

As for me, I watch the Hawkeyes almost every week …

Huggy, Cosmo, dixiehack and 4 others like this.
  7. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I see your point, but doing it with no commercials or perhaps having USAA spend their ad budget and give it over for 2-minute spots with Army and Navy personnel to say hi to their folks from their respective bases or ships actually sounds like a great idea to me, especially as this event drags ever closer to Christmas (not that CBS doesn't already do some of that).

8. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Back to the game: crappy prevent defense gives Navy a quick TD, and a chance. But why go for two there???

HanSenSE likes this.
  9. cjericho

Puzzling decision to go for 2 and then also questionable to go onsides kick.

I Should Coco likes this.
  10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Idiotic punt call.

11. cjericho

More so a terrible punt

12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Army’s pass defense scheme is so bad.

Draft saved Draft deleted