1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football Week 0 thread: Son of a son of a sailor

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Aug 20, 2023.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

So I was looking through next weeks College Football schedule, and was more than a little surprised to see Texas Tech @ Wyoming slated for prime time on CBS……not the CBS Sports Network (or the JV Channel as I call it) but the actual big channel.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Last I saw of that game was just after halftime, when FIU had a lead and six yards passing. Great halftime adjustment coach!

Neutral Corner likes this.
  3. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Melba? Was she toasted?

maumann and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I was just doing the same thing to type up our college football TV schedule for next week and saw that we have the game we've been waiting a lifetime for — Miami at Miami.

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I was surprised to see that, with preseason games ending this weekend, the NFL doesn't start until the weekend after Labor Day weekend. I know in recent years they've avoided starting the season on this weekend to give colleges the spotlight, but why not the final week of exhibitions?

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I’ll bet on Miami. I can’t lose.

maumann and Batman like this.
  7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

What I'd like to see is a Miami/Miami gamer and/or column from a bar in every Miami in America.

There are 11 Miami's: Arizona, Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, New Mexico, Ohio, Oklahoma, Texas, West Virginia

I passed thru Miami Texas last summer after taking a wrong turn in the panhandle.

miami.jpg

Last edited: Aug 27, 2023
    Big Circus, maumann and Batman like this.
  8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Druuuunnnnnjk!

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

The Pokes have a chance to make a big splash … or a bellyflop. Guess which one I expect?

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

The two schools have played three times: in 1945, 1946, and in 1987, during a Miami (Florida) national championship season.

Miami (Florida) has won all three games at home, defeating Miami (Ohio) by an all-time scoring margin of 101-33.

Fitting for any Miami vs. Miami matchup, the 1945 meeting was dubbed “The Confusion Bowl.”

The history of the Miami vs. Miami ‘Confusion Bowl’

[​IMG]

The two Miamis had to wait a whole 40 years before they played each other again. Sportswriters once again boldly predicted Miami would lose to Miami:

[​IMG]

Big Circus and Batman like this.
  11. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

If they'd only play it in Miami, Oklahoma. Which is pronounced My-am-ah or something.

12. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

A: Three Blind Mice
    Q: What do you call a PAC-12 officiating crew?

IMG_5461.jpeg

HanSenSE, Batman and I Should Coco like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted