1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football Week 0 thread: Son of a son of a sailor

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Aug 20, 2023.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

There tends to be fewer than 10 games a year which really "decide" the way the sesson plays out - And once we get down to the playoff, it will be half that (and only then for the top seedings).

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Is Hard Rock Stadium at the corner of First and First?

3. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I decided this year that I wasn't going to complain about the Pac-12 refs. I almost made it through Week 0.

MileHigh and BitterYoungMatador2 like this.
  4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

5. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

They could play it at the Asbestos Bowl. The whole county is basically a Superfund site.

maumann likes this.
  6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Hey Arizona State fans! Get fired up for the seas- ... well, hell.

7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

The Arkansas River runs through here. If by chance you call it the Arkansas River, and not the Ar-Kansas River, you’d get an awful strange look.

Liut and maumann like this.
  8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Didn't somebody tell them that the NCAA never imposes bowl bans anymore? What were they thinking?

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

That they weren’t going bowling anyway?

Neutral Corner likes this.
  10. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

I think they could end up some random bowl -- there's six wins there if you squint hard enough.

But you do it now so if you aren't going to a bowl game it doesn't matter. They went 3-9 last year, let's say they get to 5-7 this year and then go 7-5 in 2024. By then whatever they did comes up for punishment -- and with Herm Edwards, who knows how bad it was -- and those kids don't get to participate.

11. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Been happening for a couple of years when it's one massive cutdown of rosters and teams can work to fill other holes. Plus, it gives teams two weeks of rest going into the season, minus the Thursday night opener.

I think CFB has missed out over the years not having wall-to-wall coverage of games on that Sunday.

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

There's a few this year, most notably in this corner, Oregon State at San Jose State in the first game at the downsized CEFCU, er, oh hell, Spartan Stadium.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2023
    maumann likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted