1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football week 8 thread - Austin Powers: The Horn Who Hooked Me

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Oct 14, 2024.

1. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

new merch for the presidential campaign trail’s final push?

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Worse contract USC's with Lincoln Riley or the Browns with DeShawn Watson?

I guess at least with SC, you can hope Riley tries to salvage his career by jumping to the NFL though I do wonder if a team would hire him for HC at this point.

3. DanOregon

I don't think the snap was bad, but when the center moved up a yard, the QB only moved up half a yard, making the snap arrive higher than it would have if he adjusted as much as the center.

4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

This’ll be me on November 5th.

5. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

College GameDay to Bloomington next week for IU-Washington. Though IU's QB has been ruled out, so hope that doesn't come back to haunt.

Also, if Corso picks IU (which he will), what does he put on his head? Maybe Mellencamp, he's small.

6. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Like those new Mayhem ads, I assume he'd just put his own head on.

[​IMG]

2muchcoffeeman and playthrough like this.
  7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I mean Mellencamp is the guest picker right?

8. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

Lincoln has like an $80M buyout. He will take those losses and deal with it.

9. DanOregon

That's the thing, I imagine he's in LA as long as there is more money on his SC contract than the could get in the NFL. I don't see even the dumbest NFL owner (and there are a bunch of really dumb ones) paying him $80m over five years, 10 years or whatever. He hasn't won squat. Him saying no to LSU is the best thing that happened to the Tigers.

10. DanOregon

It has been fun seeing the immediate success Oregon, Texas and BYU have had in their new conferences. The SEC and Big 10 have always been overrated and top-heavy.

Though I imagine most of the schools involved in the realignments are pretty unenthusiastic. The Pac-12 teams that joined the Big 12? Cal and Stanford taking cross-country roadies to lose by 20 points or more? SC? UCLA? Oklahoma? Not to mention the ACC or Big 10 fans that used to enjoy going to a road game by car once or twice a year.

11. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

12. DanOregon

Do you think the AD entered the room and said "Houston, we have a problem."

Draft saved Draft deleted