1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football week 8 thread - Austin Powers: The Horn Who Hooked Me

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Oct 14, 2024.

1. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

Accountability was one of the demands Auburn had for Hugh Freeze.

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

They’re not really setting the world on fire at home, either.

3. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Hmmmm. Is there a team missing from this list? Let me think...

MileHigh and franticscribe like this.
  4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Well, the Duck have only been to Purdue and still have trips to Ann Arbor and Madison. Playing eight of their 12 in Oregon. Very friendly schedule.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Could be an interesting SEC Shorts this week. I do notice, they do an excellent job of not "personalizing" any of their disses toward particular players or coaches.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

8. tapintoamerica

Kirby Smart’s rant to ESPN postgame was typical. Alleging the SEC refs tried to “rob” them of a win will play with a Trumpist klan base, but the truth is that the result benefits the SEC. Nobody of consequence has 2 losses.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Smart's whining was rather unbecoming for a coach who's lost, what, 3 games in the last 3 years and has two of the last three national titles? You won the fucking game coach. You won big. Try to be happy for a minute or two before the paranoia kicks in.

10. tapintoamerica

Smartest coach ever in that program is Todd Monken, who went 9-5 in 2015, his 3rd year, and got the hell out, joining the Tampa Bay Bucs. Hooked on with Georgia and is now coaching Lamar Jackson.

11. tapintoamerica

Execution season has really moved up on the calendar in the era of unlimited transfers, unlimited payments and unlimited fear of the players.

12. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

There was a time when I found ECU fans to be at least as insufferable as N.C. State fans, but that started fading sometime before the still confounding decision to fire Ruffin McNeil.

The move to the AAC and the subsequent string of bad coaches after McNeil has led to a lot of humility over the last decade or so, in my experience.

Draft saved Draft deleted