1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football week 8 thread - Austin Powers: The Horn Who Hooked Me

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Oct 14, 2024.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I feel sorry for anyone who missed MTSU 14, Kennesaw St. 5; aka the Sickos Game of the Year.

IMG_6216.jpeg

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  3. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

Egads. That’s terrible.

4. dixiehack

That 60-yard run and the one right after it set KSU up with goal to go, whereupon they ran into the center of the line four straight times and ultimately were stopped at the half-yard spot.

Next play, Middle decides blocking a rushing linebacker wouldn’t be the sporting thing to do and he buries the running back two yards deep in the end zone.

It was a gloriously depraved three hours. Football terrorism.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2024
  5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

There remains always one redeeming feature to any MTSU game: Mason on the sidelines means Mason’s not in the broadcast booth.

6. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

What a weird trajectory for Kennesaw State. I was covering the Big South when that program was born and remember writing stories from 2014 media days. They were successful pretty quickly, not surprising considering the size of the school compared to tiny Big South schools like Charleston Southern, Presbyterian and Gardner-Webb. Once Liberty and Coastal Carolina vacated that league Kennesaw was off and running. They were part of a group of schools that just felt bigger than what FCS was meant to be -- Liberty and JMU fit into that group. It's a little jarring to see how ill prepared they've been for the move. Prior to this year, they'd only played three games against FBS teams and lost them all (Georgia State, Kent State, Cincinnati). Not sure they'll get that first FBS win this year -- at UTEP is really the only chance.

Speaking of which, mark that down, 11/9: Kennesaw State at UTEP. That's your sickos committee game of the year. Not even close.

8. dixiehack

I’m praying Bama-LSU is a night kick so I can savor the goodness. 2 pm Mountain time kick from the Sun Bowl.

9. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Sagarin has Kent State rated below Kennesaw State. Believe it or not.

(They barely lost at home to Testicle Tech on Saturday, so that surprised me.)

(The second surprise was that Sagarin still does ratings.)

10. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Too soon?

maumann likes this.
  11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Like so many others, they jumped too far too fast. The NCAA tried to make schools earn it once upon a time, but as with everything else, they quit.

12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

That seems like a big number, but I'd still like to have a frame of reference. It seems like the average might be three or four per team per game. But I'm curious. If Ole Miss is "experiencing" this twice as much as the average program, that would be good to know.

Draft saved Draft deleted