1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Colonoscopy ... give me good vibes

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by jr/shotglass, Jul 7, 2024.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

MileHigh likes this.
  2. jackfinarelli

jackfinarelli Well-Known Member

My primary care physician has been following the progress of this diagnostic blood test for several years now and we have talked about it several times. He thinks this should be done by everyone starting at age 40 and repeated at least every 2 or 3 years. He thinks continued research and development will increase the test sensitivity.

Sign me up for this test instead of a colonoscopy the next time the calendar says it is my turn. (November 2028).

3. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

4. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

T-minus 32 hours and counting.
    3pm buttscope scheduled for tomorrow. Gulping of the drain-o starts this afternoon.

6. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

The hour or so you will be knocked out will be your best hour of the week. Deep, peaceful sleep.

Had one several months ago. The prep is awful, but once that is over the procedure is a piece of cake. And if the nursing/OR room staff at your place are as great as the ones at mine were, you will sail right through this thing and be home in about two hours.

I took the pills instead of drinking the goo. Much nicer.

TigerVols likes this.
  7. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Pills here too. Might be too late for Tiger but if anyone is considering this and has a choice, take the pills!

Draft saved Draft deleted