1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Coming soon: the NFL's D.C. Cabs?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Big Circus, Jun 18, 2014.

1. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Mark2010 is a piece of shit. I have no problem pointing that out and have no problem with others who do. I guess if that offends you so much, don't read those posts.

2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Damn, Jake, that's become such a pat answer. No, you don't not read those posts. They're in the stream of the thread. Ignore? No, then you're looking at the person you ignored in case they said something that added to the thread.

That's NOT the answer. And I understand if you can't separate his views on race from his views on everything else, but we can disagree. And I certainly don't see it as some sort of badge of honor.

3. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

At least he didn't say FART was a piece of shit- which technically I am.
    That's because I'm rehabilitating my image around here.
    I want to be a leader on this board.
    My mom always said I was one of Christ's peacemakers.

4. jr/shotglass

I know you still don't like me, but I may have been wrong about you. In the sense of your persona. Chuckle.

5. 3_Octave_Fart

I can't reiterate enough I don't take any of this seriously.
    That also means I don't bear grudges.
    But I am an old porcupine- when I get attacked I'm going to shake my quills and fight.
    And FART has been attacked a lot around here, many times unfairly.
    Mark doesn't fight back. There is some elusive honor in that.

6. jr/shotglass

Understood. Peace, dude.

7. 3_Octave_Fart

Shalom. If you want to fight, just tap me on the shoulder.
    I like a good scrap. Good exercise.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

One, for saying I lied, fuck you. I don't lie here. Y'all aren't worth it.

Empathy doesn't mean you have to be nice when somebody else is being an asshole. Empathy means you an actually have an interest in how others feel and perhaps even take a stand on an issue based on the feelings of others, not yourself. In this case, I really don't care that much about the name Redskins or the logo, but I understand how others are offended. I already explained that once, but you seem to need things laid out for you more than once before you catch on.

Two, Mark causes problems here by being a racist. He will often repeat the same racist crap over and over until he gets a response. If you think it is worse to not play nice on a message board than to be a racist, something is very wrong with you.

I do NOT bring up that Mark is a racist on every thread, but it is absolutely on topic to bring it up on this thread. Of course he doesn't give a shit about a slur being used. He believes using slurs against minorities is a good thing. If he's going to argue this topic, his racism is absolutely fair game.

9. jr/shotglass

That's really all you had to say.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

No, it really isn't. BTE posted bullshit that deserved a response and the defense of the board racist is just beyond ridiculous.

11. Double J

Double J Active Member

In spite of that, life's been good to him so far.

12. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

You're disappointed? Really? Damn.

Draft saved Draft deleted