1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Concerts thread: Best/Worst/Next/Last one you attended?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Piotr Rasputin, Aug 1, 2007.

1. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

"Enough Rope" and "William's Son" are remarkable songs. That entire album is so good.

2. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

“Hard Edges” might as well have been set in the neighborhood where I grew up. I can picture it perfectly, right down the “wrecking yards, dingy bars and abandoned factories.” Knight gets so much out of every single word.

UNCGrad likes this.
  3. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

I bought a Chris Knight ticket and I'm instantly excited. That's all I need to know. Can't wait now.

As always, it ain't easy being me.

FileNotFound likes this.
  4. Mr._Graybeard

Mr._Graybeard Well-Known Member

We have tickets in a box over the stage this weekend for Beausoliel. We're in Row BB on the right for Sierra Ferrell in April.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2024
    FileNotFound likes this.
  5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Advice welcome. I have a chance to see an amphitheater show for either Turnpike Troubadours or Old Crow Medicine Show at the end of April. Would be my first time for either band. OCMS tickets are slightly more but the concert site is within easy driving distance. Troubadours would mean an overnight stay in Macon. Alt-country folks, help me decide.

6. misterbc

misterbc Well-Known Member

I flew from Calgary to Spokane and met a buddy who drove over from Whitefish and saw Neil on that tour, too. Fantastic concert. We stayed overnight and saw Melissa Ethridge the next night, same venue…Spokane Opera House. post Neil concert we caught a really good band in a DT bar there next to our hotel. May have been Dave Matthews Band, maybe just him with a backing group, but it was top notch.
    Drank about a thousand beers over 4 days.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2024
    I Should Coco and Tighthead like this.
  7. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I'd choose OCMS, personally, but you can't go wrong with either.

Neutral Corner and dixiehack like this.
  8. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

If it was me, I’d go see Turnpike. Felker’s recovery seems to be holding and it would be good to see the band with him at his best.

Tighthead and dixiehack like this.
  9. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Saw Wilco play a great show at the now-renamed* Spokane Opera House, about 20 years after the Ragged Glory tour. Which I also saw, back in the Midwest. I believe Sonic Youth opened, and my friend and I moved up close since all the old hippies there to see Crazy Horse didn’t care about SY. Fun times!

* — I believe it is now called the INB Center.

misterbc likes this.
  10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Six days until the Hold Steady Weekender begins. Can't be more chuffed. As a warm-up, one of my old co-workers/friends from my Flagstaff days hosts a monthly acoustic night at a pub in Epping, first Thursday of every month. I'll just happen to be there for the upcoming one. Great chance to catch up with an old friend who I haven't seen in close to 20 years while seeing some chill music.

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

The Saturday night Weekender show tends to be the most rowdy and energetic, and it didn't disappoint last night. I hung toward the back after spending the first night getting thrown around near the stage. They closed with an incredible six-song run and kept it going with Chips Ahoy and Stay Positive to open the encore. Got a chance to talk to Franz, the keyboardist, for a bit after the show and I asked him about the setlist, and his response was "Craig said let's bring the fucking heat tonight." And they did. Also, voice is kind of shot. Maybe chanting all day at a football match and singing all night at the show isn't the best. Going to find some tea and recuperate for tonight.

FileNotFound likes this.
  12. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

Mrs. Flip and I saw a great blues/folk/country singer/songwriter the other night. Guy named Matt Andersen. Great show in a venue that holds maybe 50 people.

Draft saved Draft deleted