1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Craig Carton arrested

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Sep 6, 2017.

1. Readallover

Readallover Active Member

2. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

The writing has been on the wall for that move.

Evan can be ok when talking baseball, but with Carton, it turned into the old Shock Jock show.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Now up to seven area codes for the city, although some are supposed to be Manhattan only or outer boroughs only.

4. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

If I were Chris Christie, I'd give up the asinine attempt at the Republican nomination and become the PM drive host on WFAN.

It's going to do a lot more for his image and sell a lot more books for him than freezing his ass off in Des Moines on some random January night.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  5. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I recognize he's good for ratings, but I'm not interested in the Howard Stern wannabe. Roberts wants to talk sports and was an awkward straight man. They've had trouble finding good replacements for the older generation. Boomer has always been awful, and Gio is should no more than a weekend/fill in guy. He's cringe-worthy when he tries to go Stern / Carton shock jock or doing impersonations. They must instruct the team to laugh hysterically for minutes at a time. Tiki & Tierney is not for me either. Roberts would be really good with Kim Jones, but they apparently have offered her every spot that's opened up and she's never taken it. Maybe they could pull Jerry Recko from the morning, who's the best thing about his show and should have gotten the job they gave Gio.
    Yes, I listen to too much sports talk radio. I drive 2 old cars that can't get podcasts in them, so I have to listen directly from my phone, and I don't know how to increase the volume high enough.

Liut and Webster like this.
  6. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Asshole, misogynistic, criminal. Fits right in there.

7. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Titty jokes all around!

8. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

A portable speaker does the job in the car for me.

OontZ Angle 3 Bluetooth Speaker
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 15, 2023
  9. Readallover

Readallover Active Member

10. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

garrow and matt_garth like this.
  11. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

You think a pol like him would rather be cooped up in a studio when there's a POTUS campaign to be had?

12. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Christie could do it for 20 years, satisfy his gasbag tendencies and make a lot more money than on occasional ABC hits.

Draft saved Draft deleted