1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Craig Carton arrested

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Sep 6, 2017.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

With Rob and Laura Petrie!

MTM, HanSenSE, Hermes and 2 others like this.
  2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Fair enough.

3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Boomer can plan to sleep in more going forward, as he's carried on that show by Carton. Back when I drove for part of my commute, I'd sometimes listen to them. Carton can be funny at times, but he's basically a knucklehead and the level of discourse makes Mike and Mike seem like the Lincoln-Douglas debates by comparison.

Guy_Incognito likes this.
  4. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Tough way to head into the end of the year for WFAN, looking for new morning and drive-time hosts.

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

That bald headed weasel in the control room and the long-haired pony tailed dude must be crushed because their boy is gone.

justgladtobehere likes this.
  7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

dixiehack likes this.
  8. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

They have to have more hosts than that, no? although every time I turn it on it's Tiki and Tierney.

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

tbh, I dvr an episode of Poker Night in America every week. Other than that, I don't watch the network. Certainly not for the talkers. They have Mountain West games every once in a while.

10. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Tierney swung and missed at WFAN, so upward we fail!

11. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Carton might have gotten arrested, but he's still better than Boomer, who is an asshole on air and in person.

12. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Carton was definitely the funnier of the two, but Boomer is the more knowledgeable. My biggest pet peeve with Boomer is how often he manages to make hockey references to a completely unrelated topic. Carton, on the other hand, eats on-air (which is just excruciating to listen to), is occasionally really patronizing and downright mean to his oldest listeners and sometimes takes an impersonation or lame joke just way too far and goes on with it for like 5 minutes. When he's funny, he's really funny, but when he swings and misses, it often uses up 5 minutes of a 7-minute segment.

It did not sound as if Boomer knew Carton had been arrested this morning. He mentioned several times how Carton had called in sick and then, after a segment about Zeke Elliott's suspension, he said (to the best of my recollection): "Kind of a quick announcement: Carton was arrested this morning. I had no idea, I thought he was out sick. More information will come out on this, obviously, but it won't come from me because I had no idea he was arrested or why." He sounded pretty stunned.

While listening, I assumed Carton had gotten a DUI or got into some bar altercation. Never would have guessed a multi-million fraud scheme.

Draft saved Draft deleted