1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Credential beef for PGA Championship

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by BurnsWhenIPee, Apr 26, 2022.

1. Mr. X

Mr. X Active Member

Here's Marisa Ingemi's Muck Rack page.

2. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Damn, I thought this was the Beef, It's What's For the Victory Dinner thread ...

[​IMG]

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Mine never look like that.

matt_garth and PaperClip529 like this.
  4. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Thanks. I was trying to see what @Woody Long meant by this: "No editor needs these headaches, which is probably why Marisa Ingemi is a freelancer now, too"

5. Woody Long

Woody Long Well-Known Member

Basically, Ingemi is something of an insufferable troll on twitter. I'd imagine her social media profile had something to do with her being gassed by the Seattle Times. Surprised it hasn't happened to Sara Civian, too.

Sports Barf likes this.
  6. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Thanks. It just seemed odd (at least from afar) to jettison a beat writer during the season.

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Between her and Auerbach on occasion i can never tell if the Athletic tolerates or encourages snarkiness

8. Woody Long

Woody Long Well-Known Member

They encourage it, I'm sure, as engagement is a priority over actual coverage for everyone these days. But it's not just the snarkiness - every fifth post, she's either getting hammered or showing off her boobs or talking about her boyfriend, who happens to be a "professional" hockey player (if you can call the Federal League professional.) It's fantastically unprofessional.

Fdufta likes this.
  9. Mr. X

Mr. X Active Member

The Charlestown Chiefs were in the Federal League.

Huggy, Woody Long and HanSenSE like this.
  10. BitterYoungMatador2

And she’s another who blocks anyone who dare question her.

11. BitterYoungMatador2

Who own de Chiefs?

HanSenSE likes this.
  12. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

I don't get the Ingemi bashing here. Is she a bit much on Twitter, in that 20-something way? Yes. I'm sure if the world is still spinning in 20 years, she'll look back and cringe, like all of us 40-somethings and beyond look back and cringe at how we acted as 20-somethings, except none of us left a paper trail on the Internet (note to self: scrub all early BYH postings). I could do without the HEY I'M STILL UNEMPLOYED Tweets. But she hustles, works hard (there's 2,736 articles to be viewed at MuckRack) and digs up interesting stories, often on undercovered and underrepresented sports and leagues. She's not just some Twitter personality, a la that LPGA idiot or some of the other buffoons discussed on this thread.

It's been, what, three-plus months now since the Seattle Times debacle? Again, she got that job by being active on social media. Nothing she could have done there could have surprised them. Nothing's come out about why she got torpedoed there and the L.A. Times feels comfortable enough to use her as a freelancer. She clearly got screwed by someone on the inside.

(No I am not Marisa)

Draft saved Draft deleted