1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Crisis in the Ukraine

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by NoOneLikesUs, Feb 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure Putin would have no fear of Romney, McCain, Palin or even St. Ronald Reagn.

That's because Putin knows the Americans aren't going to risk WWIII over the Russians reclaiming land they gave to Ukraine in 1954.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Jay might also want to Google Alexander Litvinenko.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. Paynendearse

Paynendearse Member

I'm not going to fault Obama anymore for backing down to Russia than Bush did with China. Neither were going to stand up to those. We haven't had a president with balls since Reagan.

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Crimny!

5. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

First rule of comedy: Serve it up, knock it down.

These photos are great.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

No U.S. President EVER has done jack shit when Russia has intervened militarily in neighboring countries. Some talked tougher to hide it, but that's from Truman on through Obama. It just isn't worth it to us as a country.
    PS: When the Marine barracks was blown up in Lebanon, killing many Marines, Reagan's response was to wait awhile and discreetly withdraw, a quite correct decision that intervention in that country was a no-win game.

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Mark Halperin this morning:

“President [Ronald] Reagan never faced a Soviet leader like this. This guy is ruthless."

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2014/03/ukraine-crimea-russia-mark-halperin-vladimir-putin-104172.html#ixzz2uvM2hA2g

LOL. While Soviet leaders had a habit of dropping dead while Reagan was President, it's not like he was dealing with pussycats.

Brezhnev is the guy who sent troops into Czechoslovakia and who invaded Afghanistan. Andropov was the former head of the KGB.

Buy, yeah, only Obama has head to deal with someone like Putin.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

What would St. Reagan do about Crimea if he was POTUS today?

11. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I didn't say Putin hadn't done bad things what I said was point me to an example of the Spetsnaz dropping in and doing something like this:

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/60-seconds-video-shows-us-secret-snatch-operation/story?id=22449318

12. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Outing alert, Paynendearse is Professor Terguson at Grand Lakes University.

bit.ly/1fVPzWE

And, balls.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.