1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Crisis in the Ukraine

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by NoOneLikesUs, Feb 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I'm serious. The terrorists have had years to plan this major strike against our country. They know our walls are week. At least our walls must be paper mache listening to you guys.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

As the mods told us, the problem is the politics creeps out to other threads. Hell, Boom is doing it now on the Bunkhouse thread. So to prevent a widespread infection, they shut it down. Can't blame them for that, blame the trolls.

3. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

And the people who feed them.

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

We've gotten to the point where they feed each other.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Inky, without threads to complain about you would have nothing to post.
    Are you completely devoid or original thought?

Also kind of ironic on a thread about Ukrainian freedom

6. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

We would like it if you showed some manners yourself, Stinky.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

True.

"You are ignoring this user" is a good message to get when a couple of those idiots are posting.

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

He said while quoting Riptide and Tarheel316. Now that's funny.

9. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Now who's being trolled.
    What a wet noodle this guy is.

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Not only devoid of original thought, also devoid of humor.

Inky brings nothing to the party but complaints. Pick a thread and you will almost
    always find inky complaining about a poster instead of adding to thread topic.

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

President Obama, "dangerously naïve".

Ron Fournier:

Which reminds me of the famous Valerie Jarrett quote:

“I think Barack knew that he had God-given talents that were extraordinary. He knows exactly how smart he is. . . . He knows how perceptive he is. He knows what a good reader of people he is. And he knows that he has the ability — the extraordinary, uncanny ability — to take a thousand different perspectives, digest them and make sense out of them, and I think that he has never really been challenged intellectually. . . . So what I sensed in him was not just a restless spirit but somebody with such extraordinary talents that had to be really taxed in order for him to be happy. . . . He’s been bored to death his whole life. He’s just too talented to do what ordinary people do.”

12. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

As to Pelosi, that was 2007 and she was widely criticized and was hammered in the news coverage.

Where's the outrage with McCain? I can't seem to find it. Hmm, I wonder why?

As to the reduction in the size of the Army, that's just silly.

The U.S. will still have more than 1.3 million men and women in uniform. Remember, the Air Force didn't exist before World War II and the Navy wasn't much to speak of.

Carrier groups, fighter squadrons and heavy bombers are the way America projects its military might. No one in the world can match up. Adding to that and reducing the numbers of infantrymen isn't making the country look weak.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.