1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Crisis in the Ukraine

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by NoOneLikesUs, Feb 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

This part sounds just like Charlie Gordon at the apex of his intelligence before he descends back into the darkness.

2. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

This is an interesting point. Army has been thrown around as a term for the entire military when the reductions are aimed at that branch? Or is that incorrect? It hasn't been articulated well in the coverage of the issue I've seen.

3. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I have never seen him on point, on one of these threads.
    Complains like an old woman.

4. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Every Service is going to have to cut something.

As far as I know, the Army and Marine Corps are the ones that are drawing down active-duty personnel numbers.

The Navy and Air Force are saving through equipment costs, and voluntary retirement offerings.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

So, in other words, Republicans and Putin have a lot in common. They're both crazy.

6. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

It sucks for the Russian peoples to have a strong nationalistic leader to drag them kicking and screaming into modernity, redux.
    Like Peter the Great did.

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

In her defense, having something that size jammed up your back door might permanently cross your eyes.

I'll defer to Drip's neighbor on that though.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

He gets his cue from Goebbels.

NSFW

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Russia says eastern Ukraine - not Crimea - is rife with lawlessness caused by far-rightists supported by the West.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/10/world/europe/ukraine-crisis/

10. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Perhaps. People in the middle east often accuse the west of lawlessness.

11. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Also very delicate, politically.

If anyone in Congress votes for cuts, they'll be deluged this election cycle with attack ads. "After serving his country in Afghanistan, Captain Will Williams cannot find a decent job to support his family back home. Congressman Studebaker voted to put men like Captain Williams out on the street..."

Like with health care surprises, I imagine any bad news will be put off until after the November mid-terms.

12. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

You mean like the ones who should deluged with attack ads due to their blocking of veteran benefit packages? Health care, job training and education? God forbid we trim and streamline our military but we won't give your Captain Williams shit when he returns from conflict.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.