1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dateline report

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Oct 20, 2006.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's the first time I've seen one of these shows, but it was really funny to see some of the guys' eyes light up when they saw the cutie pie. All of them — ALL — thought they were going to bang a little 13-year-old cooch. That's what made the show so enjoyable.

2. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Ew.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Ew, indeed, but they clearly had intent to get it on with a youngin'. For some reason it made me think of the Roots song "Break You Off."

4. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Yeah I did watch, in some small way ensuring they'd make another one. I won't watch that one though ... unless, as I said, they preview a guy saying "I'm here for the gang bang."

I also loved how every time the cops burst out to arrest people every single one of them had a gun drawn. I mean, I guess it makes sense with the Marine who had a shotgun in his car, but really, the guys were packing condoms, not machine guns. I don't think they needed 12 guys with guns drawn to slow those guys down.

5. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Don't know if any of you have read this incredible four-part series.

It is must reading if you have girls of a teenage age or younger.

6. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

It may, in fact, seal my spot as the lowest common denominator...but I love this shit. I watch it, I watch the guys get all confessional, about how they know they have a problem, etc. Then watch them think they're getting away with it, and then get tackled in the garage.

I love watching their eyes light up. I love seeing them bring "gifts" for the girls. Or when she asks if they brought condoms, they're like 'Oh yeah!'

TREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEmendous television. And to hell with anyone who judges me for loving it!

7. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Why isn't it entrapment? I'm sure its been fought out in court, but why isn't it?

Also -- and I'll sound like one of those guys here myself, but I promise I'm not -- I think it's kind of crap they keep saying "We're saving your children" as if everyone's 13-year olds sit on the internet talking nervous old dudes into coming over for a quickie. It's not like these guys broke into a random house or kidnapped a kid or anything. They're really only protecting kids that are probably bound to be strippers anyway ... OK, maybe that's not totally true and doesn't make it better, but still, if you don't want 40 year olds to come over and pound your teenager, don't raise her to be an internet slut.

I'm sure my anti-cop bias is creeping in here, but I can't help it.

Also, it is funny how every single one was like "Oh yeah, I knew it was a sting. You guys didn't fool me ... much."

8. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Possibly the best advice in the history of this board. :D

9. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I acted as a decoy for a sting operation involving men-on-men action in a park once. Some of the men said it was entrapment, but when it came down to it, what they were doing was illegal, and it isn't entrapment unless the cop posing asks for the action. In each of these cases on Dateline, the male asked for the sex first and that's why they could be arrested. That's what it seems like based on the dialog on the show.

In the sting operation I was part of, the cops never solicited the men. The men asked THEM to suck them off or have sex with them and only then were they arrested...or if they whipped it out in the middle of the park, of course.

10. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

how would a woman be a decoy for men-on-men action? I was assuming you meant online, but then you started talking about them whipping it out in the middle of the park.

11. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

No, I was sitting in the park with one of the cops as a family having a picnic. We were able to watch the cops being propositioned and the cop I was with was there to make sure none of them got into trouble and needed backup.

12. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Where were the 12 cops with guns drawn? Crap, I was surprised the guys on Dateline didn't have a sniper on a roof across the street.

Really, that is an interesting story though. Thanks for answering.

Draft saved Draft deleted