1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Deadspin: Manti Te'o's dead girlfriend story was a hoax

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Small Town Guy, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Depends where you live. In Utah and the Bay Area, it is used as an epithet.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

John Calipari got in trouble for calling Newark Star-Ledger sports reporter Dan Garcia a "fucking Mexican idiot".

The truth is not a excuse.

3. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I was just asking because I wasn't sure. Obviously the poster meant it in the same way he might have used Chink to spur an armor-based joke. I have no problem with the joke. Obviously Tommy Craggs is smart enough to underst and that. His reply was flippant because it was at the end of a shitty interview full of flippant replies.

4. Knighthawk

Knighthawk Member

Deadspin is living a charmed life. They can work on a story, and as soon as they hear that someone else is close, they can run whatever they have. Doesn't matter if they are missing key elements - they are first, so they won. They ate everyone's lunch.

And if you dare question the stuff they are missing or got wrong, or you point out that other news organizations ran stories with a lot more details, you are a truther or a sycophant.

Craggs would have looked like an idiot if the interviewer had been able to ask basic follow-up questions instead of going off a script.

5. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Tommy Craggs clearly is history's greatest monster.

6. Craggs clearly doesn't get his readers want gamers.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Always fascinated by the two groups of writers -- Deadspinners, long-formers -- that galvanize the pro-con set here.

8. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

I will always pull for the side that pokes fun at - and deflates the self-importance of - the people who act like they're curing cancer when, well, they're not.

9. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Your sj BFF is a big Craggs fan, though, Norrin.

10. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

I'm afraid I need to ask which of my many enemies you're referring to.

11. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

The main one.

12. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

Mmmm . . . . .

Still not ringing a bell.

Draft saved Draft deleted