1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Deadspin: Manti Te'o's dead girlfriend story was a hoax

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Small Town Guy, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I think it's the only theory where he would be widely forgiven.

2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Why are we always in such a hurry? 48 hours after shit hits the fan, and we want all the loose ends tied up in a simple explanation.

I assume investigations are still going on (who was behind what, who knew what when, how much did everyone know, etc.). Te'o could honestly tell you "all he knows" now . . . but in a month he might know a lot more and be in a better position to explain it and put in in perspective.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

It would behoove him and CAA to put out a statement to that effect then. It's an utter feeding frenzy right now.

4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Even if there really was a Kennay and he killed her, he'd still be forgiven the first time he got two sacks in a playoff game in the NFL.

5. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

That whore!!! So as I understand it, this fake girl had fake relations with two football players? What a fake slut this fake girl was...how will we ever trust another fake girlfriend?

6. I hate to break it to Manti, but that's the same girl I took to senior prom.

7. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8857057/friend-says-ronaiah-tuiasosopo-confessed-manti-teo-girlfriend-hoax

8. Dick Whitman

Something we're learning: Football players sure love to have hot girl Twitter followers, don't they?

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Although they seem to work out a lot better for Alabama quarterbacks than they do for Notre Dame linebackers... :D

10. Dick Whitman

Ha, not shit.

But isn't it funny?

These big, famous guys who could have any groupie they want. And they for some reason just swoon over Twitter attention.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

When or will Tuiasosopo speak publicly?

12. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Whenever Oprah has an opening.

Draft saved Draft deleted