1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Deadspin: Manti Te'o's dead girlfriend story was a hoax

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Small Town Guy, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Somebody now needs to ask Reagan Maui'a if O'Meara's pics are the same woman he met who was posing as Kekua.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

This whole thing is beginning to sound like a made-for-Lifetime movie. We just need a psycho babysitter in it.

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Or, as Wilbon suggested on PTI, it would make a great "Law and Order" episode.

4. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Te'o's "girlfriend" is worse than Peter Griffin and the Kathy Ireland cutout.

5. Diane seems just as dumb as the HOA president. Oh, she's seems to be hiding something.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2013/01/17/south-bay-woman-whose-identity-was-allegedly-stolen-as-part-of-hoax-identified/

6. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

It's like no one even cares about dental attorneys any more.

And she could be hiding something. Or maybe she lawyered up in the hopes of suing some of these fools (or whoever is involved) down the road?

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

The dentist/marathoner who made up races is up there too.

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I am concerned that Te'o did not spend enough time grieving the death of his girlfriend, who did not actually exist, before hooking up with the babe from Boston College.

I would think those who do not actually exist deserve more respect than what Te'o gave her.

9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Jeremy Schaap currently conducting off-camera interview with Te'o.

10. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

ESPN might as well be having an imaginary interview.

11. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

AP says audio will be available after the Thunder game on ESPN.

12. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Exactly what I was thinking. If I were her (and not involved in any of this, except having my pictures stolen off my Facebook), I would be taking some of these people to court.

Draft saved Draft deleted