1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Deadspin really stepped in it this time

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by motorsportwriter, Nov 30, 2023.

1. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Equalizer likes this.
  2. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

I came on here expecting the "That's Racist!" meme and am sorely disappointed. So here's a bunny with a pancake on its head.

[​IMG]

3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

This is the money shot. And he's absolutely right.

2muchcoffeeman and Azrael like this.
  4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

5. jr/shotglass

There's nothing complicated about Carron J. Phillips and his race-baiting ways.

Azrael likes this.
  6. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

As a white guy I wanna be like, let's not single out every microaggression, like a 5-year-old kid who has no context clues for what he's wearing sporting a Chiefs headdress.

Then again, I'm a fat, balding 40-something white guy. That's easy for me to think.

7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

8. jr/shotglass

wicked, it's just as easy for Phillips to start writing something like that, stop and think rationally, "Hey, maybe I've tapped into my angry social warrior persona enough this month. I don't want to become a caricature."

9. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

If you’re a one-note singer, you run with what ya brung. I agree with this, though, develop the repertoire a little.

Also see what I said above about being a fat, middle-aged white guy who doesn’t know how others feel.

Draft saved Draft deleted