1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Depression, Part II

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by hockeybeat, Jan 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. No, it didn't end. We just had truly miserable people who were afraid to ask for help because of the stigma attached to mental health problems, a stigma perpetuated and created by the cluelessness you've shown with that last post.

2. For the last time: There's someone unahappy with their life, and there's clinical depression. Two completely different things.

Why do I feel like Scientologists have taken over this thread?

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It was absolutely not a shot at any individual... Just society in general...

4. Mizzougrad96

Wasn't that exactly what I said?

5. Yes it was. I wasn't arguing with you.

God this is getting tiring.

6. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

7. All right. I'm done. I'm going outside to take a walk, stare at some homeless people and take a deep breath.

8. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Yes, depression is just some new-age shit. Just tell 'em all to "suck it up." ::) ::) :mad:

Goddamn, if this thread is going to turn into a haven for Tom Cruises like too many of them do, I'm done with it.

EDIT: And for the record, Rumple, you're full of shit. Again. Just STFU about shit you don't have a damn clue about.

9. Mizzougrad96

Stay away from sharp objects... :D

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Must have be a bad clam. We both ate the chowder in the press room. Good thing there is 2 stalls.

11. Grimace

Grimace Guest

You don't even — you're glib. You don't even know what Ritalin is. If you start talking about chemical imbalance, you have to evaluate and read the research papers on how they came up with these theories, okay? That's what I've done. Then you go and you say where's the medical test? Where's the blood test that says how much Ritalin you're supposed to get?

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I've studied the history of psychlogiatry, dammit!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.