1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Depression, Part II

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by hockeybeat, Jan 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

There is also Met fans of which Hockeybeat is one. If anyone has a chance google "The Flushing Effect". It is a study done by Queens Community College on the correlation between clinical depression and being a Met fan.

Report lists 4 key factors of being Met fan that can cause enviromental depression:

1- decreped stadium draped in repulsive blue and orange tiles
    2- Mr Met
    3- Driving the Van Whyk Expressway or taking the # 7 train to get to Shea
    4- playing second fiddle to Yankee fans

2. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Boom, once again, thank you for bringing nothing to the table.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Hard to take you seriously when you exploit our trust and naivety to try and out people.

and don't fucking insult my intelligence by pretending you weren't trying to do exactly that a couple weekends ago. First disagreement in years (one started by your insistence that since I don't like a certain blog I must be a fuckin idiot) and you pull the outing card. I regretfully and repeatedly told Moddy to do things that were anatomically impossible and he never tried that.

real fuckin cool.

4. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Not to make a big issue, but I'm not sure this is true. I've known a few people who suffer from clinical depression in my time, and eventually I find out that one thing I said at one point made a big impact (for good some times, for not so good other times).

One thing said here might help. Not in the biggest scheme of things, but it might help someone make it through their day, or brighten it when everything else is gray.

That might not have been the way you meant your phrase, I can't know, but I figured I'd just throw it out there.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

oh so that makes it acceptable? It's cool to exploit people who once trusted you? Cool to use it as a hammer in case they ever deign to realize you're completely fucking full of shit?

Blow me...

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Uh, guys? Not to earn another self-imposed suspension by sounding like someone I shouldn't, but take it to PM?

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

My posts on the subject are gone...

We now return to Depression Part II, starring hockeybeat and Fudgie the Whale...

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

HB - head over to the Bronx on Monday and watch a real team - perhaps eat some Yankee stadium red clay. You'll fee better.

9. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Agreed.

And this thread, until today, used to be a nice haven for that. People didn't have to worry about the stigma of depression around here.

Then the idiots took over, blabbering about homeless people and blasting people for being "whiny pussies." ::)

10. Cadet

Cadet Guest

You should be banned from posting until you are at least 25 years old.

11. SEC Guy

SEC Guy Member

I just spit soda all over my computer.

12. Grimace

Grimace Guest

Look, if you guys don't think depression is a big deal or something to joke about, then don't post on this thread. It's more than not being funny, it's just rude and childish. I feel like I'm back in high school.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.