1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did it work or didn't it?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by CarltonBanks, May 20, 2011.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

You, at one point, psychoanalyzed the fact that I deleted my Facebook account. That was interesting, since I have no idea who you are.

2. Dick Whitman

+1

3. Dick Whitman

Can the grown-ups get back to talking now?

Or is Mark going to show up and give it to me "both barrels," as pledged?

4. secretariat

secretariat Active Member

Psychoanalyzed is a bit much. Laughed a lot is a good way to put it.

5. Dick Whitman

I suppose I'm the first person to ever decide Facebook wasn't his thing.

Somewhat disturbing that you were keeping track, I guess. But I think you're mostly harmless. From what I can tell. Like I said, you could be Gary Smith or you could be a lonely blogger. I wouldn't know the difference. I don't care as much as you do.

6. Dick Whitman

Anyway, nobody wants to read this garbage. Back to the topic at hand. I think John McCain's thoughts on torture are valuable and he has quite a bit of credibility on the topic. That said, I don't think they settle the issue (though I tend to think he's right).

7. secretariat

secretariat Active Member

Keeping track? I guess, if reading a post in which someone said you flipped out and deleted your Facebook account is keeping track.

8. Dick Whitman

"Flipped out"?

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I'm not going to jump into this one because I have views which will probably violently piss most people on both sides of the argument off, but for a desk-jockey dweeb like Santorum to say he understands more about "enhanced interrogation" than John McCain, borders on intergalactic-level idiocy.

And yes, that comes from somebody who has opposed McCain about 94.7% of the time on just about everything (including some of his personnel choices). And I'm not really sure I agree with his conclusion in this case, either. But unlike Santorum and his proudly, defiantly, information-free minions, I would never dare to suggest that I personally know more than McCain does on the subject.

10. Kermit McManus

Kermit McManus New Member

Oh but you so wish it did.

11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Why should today be different than any other day? :D

Draft saved Draft deleted