1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dirty New Mexico soccer

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by micropolitan guy, Nov 6, 2009.

1. wannabeu

wannabeu Member

She has been suspended indefinetly by UNM.

http://www.golobos.com/sports/w-soccer/spec-rel/110609aaa.html

2. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Why should NAIA players be subjected to her bullshit? Why should NAIA players be effectively told that their level is a punishment?

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Because it is?

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

She didn't go after the ball recklessly at that 31-second mark. The punch to the face and the kick-the-ball-to-the-face incidents were low-brow and warrant punishment.

But at :31 she went for a tackle. She didn't go in trying to break a leg or foot or ankle.

5. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Would it be bad to secretly hope she lands in WUSA one day?

;D

6. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Bullshit. She was absolutely trying to break her leg and she's lucky she didn't.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Bullshit. If you want to break a leg, you go after the leg. It ain't that hard to break a leg if you want.

She got to the ball, and then bodies collided into the turf.

8. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

This thread's beginning to remind of how the defense attorneys got the cops acquitted in the Rodney King trial, by taking the video apart with snippet by snippet explanations until the jurors start to see something different than everyone else in the world who watched that video.

Yep, if you pause it on that split second .31 mark, it looks like she's going for the ball. But when you watch it at normal speed the way normal people do, it looks like she's recklessly going after her legs. I think I'm gonna trust my normal speed eyes.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

If she was going for the ball, why is her right foot a foot and half past the ball?

That's right, because she wasn't going for the ball.

If the BYU player's cleat was stuck in the ground, she'd be in a wheelchair. And considering the Lobo player punched a girl in the back, punched another one in the face and yanked another girl's ponytail out of her scalp, she's not getting the benefit of the doubt from anyone who has common sense.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. nuthatcc

nuthatcc New Member

Not a college ref, so I don't work with clocks. I keep the time on the field and add whatever I deem necessary for stoppages.

11. bwright

bwright Member

Am I missing the point of the blue text?
    If that's sarcasm, I missed it entirely.

12. nuthatcc

nuthatcc New Member

OK, watched again. <i>Maybe</i> not studs up, but definitely violent and reckless lunge from behind that could have seriously injured the attacking player. Watch how Red player launches into the challenge. She has no realistic play on the ball and makes violent contact with the attacker.

Draft saved Draft deleted