1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dirty New Mexico soccer

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by micropolitan guy, Nov 6, 2009.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

It was a nasty, purposeful elbow. I've already said Lambert committed some thuggery, although I liked that slide tackle.

2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Come on. That elbow was a love tap, especially compared to what Lambert did.
    I also think there were two incidents worse than the punch in the back and the pony-tail pull: The karate chop/forearm to the other player's face while in mid-air, and blasting the ball into the other girl's head from about 3 feet away.

3. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

I finally got around to seeing this. New Mexico is not a dirty team, but I have to ask why her coaches or her teammates didn't pull her off to the side and tell her to check herself or ask "what the hell are you doing?"

The refs are also in this as well. Why they didn't stop play and pull the red card after the third infraction is stupefying.

To me, since it was a post-season MWC tournament, there isn't enough games to suspend her.

Pull her schollie. She's done. That wasn't a "heat of the moment", she deliberately, with intent, did this on her own volition. They were in the game (lost 2-1). It wasn't a blowout.

That was an embarrassment, along with Blount's act vs. Boise.

4. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

The girl has no reasonable explanation for her thuggish behavior.
    Awful to watch.
    Shit coaching, too, for not pulling her aside.

5. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Jesus. What does it take to get a red card in the MWC? Does it involve a handgun?

6. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Pretty much so. American soccer has gone "gangsta."

7. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Popping a cap is only a foul if the other person doesn't grab your shorts first.

8. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Women don't pop caps, that's only in the men's game.

9. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

In soccer, women flop caps.

10. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Yes, she is. And a graduate of one Paraclete High School, current home of one Not So Little Birdscribe, who informed me teachers were forbidden from showing the video of Lambert's escapades. So he said one teacher "demonstrated" what she did in class.

I was on the golf course Friday afternoon, playing in a client's tournament, when I checked my phone. My wife called. When I returned the call, she asked me if I had my BlackBerry with me and if I did, to call up ESPN.com and look at the video of the NM-BYU game.

Told her I saw it on SportsCenter the night before, whereupon she asked me if I knew she went to Paraclete. Alas, that little bit O' info eluded me until that point.

11. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Saw this after my initial post of a few minutes ago.

I can assure you through the prism of my son playing there the last two seasons, this isn't part of the game plan. I can also assure you through one person I know whose daughter played with Lambert in AYSO and club, this is anything but surprising.

12. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I finally saw the clips. She has a look of evil in her eyes. If anyone thinks that ponytail act didn't merit a red card and long suspension, they're on crack, nuts or both.

Draft saved Draft deleted