1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dirty New Mexico soccer

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by micropolitan guy, Nov 6, 2009.

1. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Local news KCBS/2 did a local-oriented followup tonight up in Lancaster (hope you saw it Birdscribe). They showed the initial elbow by the BYU player about three times, and the ponytail pull about three times.
    They interviewed one of her best friends, who said, of course, that she is a great person and a good friend. They tried to interview her father and is shown turning his back and walking away.
    Reporter ended the story by pointing out that nobody from BYU was penalized for anything.
    All they forgot was the pompons for the local girl.

2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

This might be the best thread I've ever started, ending a 4,000-post string of fail.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

"Because of Lambert, girls will grow up knowing they can be douchebags too." - Christine Brennan.

4. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

What's going on with girls' (women's) soccer? Last month, I was told of a brawl at a juco game. Three ejections, and from what I heard should have been more.

Seriously, WTF?

5. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Women are vicious, y'all.

6. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

A study out this week looking at sports participation and risky behavior found that white teen girls in sports were less likely to engage in such behavior, including decreased levels of fighting.

http://apha.confex.com/apha/137am/webprogram/Paper205491.html

Given the events of the last week, that researcher might want to recheck her data.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

:)

8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I suppose whoever started that Facebook page thought she'd be getting some sympathy. Wrong.

9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I finally got a chance to watch this, anybody defending her actions is insane. The intent of that slide tackle was to hurt the player, of course the ball was there but it was the last thing on her mind. That in itself should have been a red card, the ref needs to take some responsibility in this, it's ridiculous that her actions can be defended.

And to the people who are saying the girl exaggerated when her ponytail was pulled, it doesn't matter whether she did or didn't. the minute you grab somebody by the hair, especially from behind you should be gone.

If she wanted to get back at her for the so called elbow, there are plenty of other ways to do it without being so obvious.

10. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Anyone else finding themselves strangely attracted to this girl? I'm willing to forgive her transgressions.

11. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Pain is pleasure

12. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Tall athletic blondes and attracted to seem to go together.

Hey, the WWE makes good money off of women fighting and I'll bet some other people do as well.

Draft saved Draft deleted