1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dirty New Mexico soccer

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by micropolitan guy, Nov 6, 2009.

1. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I bet she's totally uninhibited.

2. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

I think she's proven that

3. KP

KP Active Member

wild and unpredictable

4. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Didn't see it, SoCal, but am not surprised in the least.

Her mother used to run the Palmdale AYSO region up here. Not surprisingly, that region is known in these parts for rather "physical" play. When my son played them earlier this year, one of their players came in studs-up as he was making a save. No pretense to stop, nothing but clear intent to injure.

As I noted earlier, showing clips of this on the computer is verboten at Paraclete High School.

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

The NFL just found it's white Corner. Hines Ward don't want no part of this bitch

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm not defending her actions, but if this was a guy during a soccer match, it would barely register as a blip on the sports radar.

She should be disciplined, but let's put this into better perspective. Players get suspended less for a DUI or assaulting their wives/girlfriends than what they want done to this girl.

7. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Sports crimes get sports punishments. Societal crimes get societal punishments. Apples and oranges.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Bullshit... That's a total copout...

What's the male sports equivalent to this?

It's not Rudy T. getting punched...

It's not even close to the Titans player who stomped on the guy's head...

It's not even close to hockey guy who attacked the Avs player from behind...

What are we talking here Claude Lemieux-Kris Draper? Laimbeer-Mahorn?

It was crazy to watch because you don't expect to see that in a woman's sport. But it really shouldn't merit anything other than a couple-game suspension.

9. wannabeu

wannabeu Member

I agree. If this was a male, it would just be another night that a male athlete was overly aggressive. But when you see that a female is acting this violent, it is kind of shocking.

10. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

It's not a copout, it's reality.

But since you've switched to sports points, I'll also point out that pros are different than college.

Blount is a good comparison. He should have been kicked off the team permanently and so should she.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'd like in to some of the notorious head hunters that used to be more accepted in the NFL. When you are no longer playing for the ball but more to impair an opposing player you cross a line.

12. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Male soccer players are really good at pulling ponytails.

Draft saved Draft deleted