1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dirty New Mexico soccer

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by micropolitan guy, Nov 6, 2009.

1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Your crotch must be in an entirely different part of your anatomy to most people's crotches. If that girl's crotch is where the girl's shorts were being grabbed, then she's got to have an incredibly challenging sex life.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Rick, she wasn't kicking legs from behind, or going after knees, or trying to head-butt another player's head.

2 instances: elbow to the belly begot the punch to the back, grabbing to the crotch facilitated the hair-yank. Tit for tat.

3. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Yes, and as such you went to the tired old, all soccer players dive, she was clearly diving card.

And then, you went to the 'what, you're saying soccer players don't dive?', which is ever older.

It's about time you owned up to making a mistake in making a sweeping generalization in the first place.

4. Songbird

Come on, Rick, look at her hand. She was grabbing for that area and was stopped only by the hair-yank.

We can interpret the video any way, but BYU players are not innocent bystanders in any of these actions.

5. RickStain

Belly punch has nothing to do with this. Completely different player. Or I again ask if it's your opinion that one player doing something to an opponent mean's that opponent has license against the entire opposing team?

It was a small shorts grab exchanged for a violent, dangerous, neck-wrenching hairpull to the ground. That's not tit-for-tat.

6. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

That's what she wanted you to think

7. RickStain

You are blind, insane, or both.

8. Songbird

OK, I'll admit the punch to the face was low-brow. But I don't have a problem with the other incidents in the video.

Posting after Rick's post ...

Again, she was jostling with 15, grabbing at shorts, trying to incite the retaliation. She succeeded.

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

This was petty compared with how dirty soccer can become.

The great Roy Keane...

10. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

She wasn't running, just standing there jostling for position when her hair is pulled and all the sudden it heels over head. That was not solely the act of a one-arm pull

11. RickStain

Grow your hair long, and wait for someone to do it when you aren't expecting it.

12. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

As I've said, I did have my hair long for years and played football with it so I know the feeling. She took advantage of an opportunity to draw attention to herself (and her opponent's dirty play). I'm even more confident after reviewing the video again.

Draft saved Draft deleted