1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Donald Trump: Come Kiss the Ring

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Dec 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I'm telling you, seeming presidential matters little to none these days.

2. da man

da man Well-Known Member

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The GOP needs to send Christie out to sit on Trump's toupee.

None of the others want to dirty their fingers on him.

4. da man

da man Well-Known Member

If Christie tried to get into it with Trump, he'd lose and give Trump another bump in the polls.

5. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I wonder how many of the people who have been screeching that Obama has "violated the Constitution" for the past seven years are now supporting Mr. Amending the Constitution Would Take Too Long So I'd Rule on "Anchor Babies" Unilaterally Because People I Know Have Said It's OK.

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Birthright citizenship is not guaranteed by the Constitution -- by either the 1st or 14th Amendment.

If you want to make birthright citizenship permanent, you need to amend the Constitution, not the other way around.

7. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Hey, if Obama was allowed to get away with it, Trump has a pen and a phone, too, right?

8. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I don't think Trump is any more likely a nominee than is Bernie Sanders (who, by the way, led Clinton in recent New Hampshire polls). But there is a tremendous similarity in the people flocking to both of these doofuses, namely: 1) they're largely clueless about the realities of our political systems; and 2) they have absolutely no understanding of these candidates' positions other than admiration for some really shallow posturing.

I have acquaintances who are beating the drums for both. I asked one who's a big Trump-ite -- "We need a real conservative!" -- what he thought about Trump's liking the Kelo decision. "What's that?"

Q-fucking-ED

YankeeFan likes this.
  9. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

The way I understand it is that it's not really "settled" law, but it's as close as one can get - in favor of birthright citizenship for undocumented immigrants. A small minority think otherwise.

I guess it's possible SCOTUS could rule on it, and rule in favor of Trump. But I doubt he'd win, and I have no reason to believe he or his supporters understand any of the intricacies involved in such things.

10. doctorquant

I'm not a Constitutional scholar, but I'm pretty sure that's incorrect.

Birthright Citizenship & Donald Trump | National Review Online

11. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I think you're wrong about Trump's chances. His chances of being nominated are exponentially better than Sanders', which equal zero.

As far as the "real conservative" thing, what I've heard mostly from conservatives is, "We've had people telling us how conservative they are for years, but once they get elected they don't do what they say they're going to do. We're sick and tired of that. Trump might only be conservative on 70 percent of the issues, but if he actually acts on that 70 percent, that's way more than we're getting from the politicians."

12. doctorquant

Well, if Sanders' chances are zero, Trump only has to have a non-zero chance to be infinitely more nominate-able than Sanders. ;)

[​IMG]

amraeder likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.