1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ed Werder doesn't like women helping women

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by MeanGreenATO, Jun 18, 2018.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I have no idea what this means.

2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

read the link

3. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

or you could just answer my question

4. CD Boogie

Rosé Bowl...

oh, nevermind

5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

You're the one trying to make some sort of argument about journalism school and enrollment numbers and hiring.

Support it.

I'm not here to do your research for you.

6. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Lol, if you were going to share an anecdote about a woman who got a job she maybe didn’t deserve, maybe don’t use Rachel (Alexander) Nichols as an example, considering she went on to become literally one or the best people in the entire business.

BrendaStarr and FileNotFound like this.
  7. CD Boogie

Dude, YOU posted the links about journalism school and enrollment numbers and hiring. If you can't answer my simple question -- Is there a disconnect between the percentage of minority journalism graduates and the percentage of minority journalists who are in the profession? -- then it's obvious you don't understand what you posted.

8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

please

9. CD Boogie

So now we're not answering simple questions. If the percentages in J-school are the same as they are in the profession, then I'd say they're getting an equal shot. Is that the case? Can you answer that?

10. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Her talent was correctly identified, a mistake did not derail her trajectory, and she was not buried in preps because she’s a woman. Like Wilder and Kimes, it’s evidence that women can be top-grade sports journalists without an overwhelming amount of structural resistance.

11. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Dude. Next time you want to argue with someone, you should really extend them the courtesy of reading their argument:

“Minorities made up 21.4 percent of graduates with degrees in journalism or communications between 2004 and 2014, but less than half of minority graduates found full-time jobs, while two-thirds of white graduates did.”

12. CD Boogie

Now if he had simply answered how you did, we would have avoided all this. Instead he posted links and never tied anything together. Perhaps I missed it but that quote you cited isn’t from him; it’s buried in the article. If you wanna present a thesis, do it properly.

Draft saved Draft deleted