1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Elon Musk takes over Twitter

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Alma, Apr 25, 2022.

1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Can you honestly name one indictable offense Fauci has committed?

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Let me consult with my legal counsel NightmareFerret and I'll get back to you.

sgreenwell likes this.
  3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

What lockdowns?

4. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

If you really think Rand Paul knows more about infectious diseases than Anthony Fauci, I don’t know what to tell you.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Right. I keep forgetting that because people weren't welded into their apartments like in China, that American society didn't come to a grinding halt for six months in 2020 — or that the states of emergency that allowed it to happen are still in effect in many places, even if they've been eased in practice.

6. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Then call it something else. But it wasn’t a lockdown. Words mean things.

SFIND, Inky_Wretch and FileNotFound like this.
  7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Rand Paul is a doctor, albeit an ophthalmologist. I think he can grasp the basics of infectious diseases just fine.
    And I'll admit I didn't read the entire 356-page deposition that I posted earlier. But I did read enough of it that it made plainly clear Fauci is little more than a bureaucrat and an administrator (and not a very good one at that). I'm sure he's very knowledgeable about the subject matter, but let's not pretend he's putting on a HazMat suit and going into the lab to find a cure for anything.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

What do you suggest? Happy Happy Fun Time?

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I must have lived in an alternate america - right here in libtard California.
    I worked at home 2 0r 3 days a week. That was BRUTAL. /s The guys remodeling our kitchen remodeled our kitchen. I went to the grocery store and home depot -with a mask (gasp!).
    I watched a lot of shitty non-sports Sportscenters. That sucked. Watched a lot of movies at home. We did stop having 'game night' with our friends. Zoom game nights sucked.

So what on earth are you complaining about from three years ago - what was your 'grinding halt', you frigging Trump loving weirdo?

10. Inky_Wretch

“If they die, they die,” is horrible public policy.

Fred siegle and SFIND like this.
  11. Inky_Wretch

We spent more time at the lake and at the beach in the first six months of 2020. I caught more fish than any other time in my life. It was pure hell.

Fred siegle, SFIND and Driftwood like this.
  12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, I played a shitload of golf. Just fucking brutal.

Driftwood likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted