1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Elon Musk takes over Twitter

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Alma, Apr 25, 2022.

1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

this

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Seriously, that is so weak.

3. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

I liked Bari Weiss the first time I saw her
    Now I’m starting to understand how her colleagues in the New York Times newsroom felt about her

wicked likes this.
  4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Musk is offering to sell stakes in Twitter to investors at the same $54.20 a share price he paid for it. Mankind living on Mars is a realistic dream compared to that offer.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

In a world where people pay $99 for a glorified Donald Trump screensaver, ya never know.

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Ya never know. But this is his family office reaching out to people who actually have the kind of money to bail Musk out on some of what he bit off that he now can't chew. It's not going to take a ton of due diligence to look at a balance sheet and income statement and conclude that the company as it is constituted is worth maybe a quarter of what he paid for it at max at this point. A year ago, many of those people were acting like sheep and might have bought in at a ridiculous valuation on Elon Musk hype (the way people were buying Tesla stock at an insane valuation), but today? With real interest rates positive now (or at least not as negative), money isn't so worthless anymore that people are tossing it around like it is as meaningless as they were. And even if that wasn't the case, there is no Elon Musk hype anymore. He has trashed any cult hero thing had going.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2022
  7. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

All true, and the Twitter offer isn't being made to the same suckers Trump's after. He's seeking big money investors, because right now he's losing big money.

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

10. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

11. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Dammit, you're right. My memory is up in the nosebleed seats.

poindexter likes this.
  12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted