1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Elon Musk takes over Twitter

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Alma, Apr 25, 2022.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

2. Inky_Wretch

Borrowing to pay off debt always seems like a sound economic decision.

3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

4. Inky_Wretch

5. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Good look promoting rape.

6. Inky_Wretch

Elon has now locked down his own account. The only way you can see what he says is by following him.

7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

8. Inky_Wretch

Imagine paying $44 billion for a social media site, firing most of the staff and then getting your technical advice from these a-holes.

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Go back 7 to 10 years ago and the thing that used to drive me the craziest about the "Elon Musk is a genius" stuff was that I looked at his businesses, Space X, SolarCity, Tesla. ... and I saw a guy who was collecting (hundeds of) billions of dollars of government subsidies (that were being given to him in a hand-picked way), while the actual businesses that supposedly made him a genius would never have existed for a month, let alone a year, with the way he was running them. It's still the case. There is no EV industry without a portion of the costs for every EV owner still being pawned off on everyone else (who then have less to buy other things).

The subsidies that led to him being a very wealth man were ALL initiated by. ... Democrats. Not in a "mostly Democrats" way. He has sucked off the teet of Democrats.

Yet, the minute he got out from a half a billion dollar zero-interest government loan (which again, wasn't available to you or I) that he technically defaulted on multiple times (while the Democrats created dishonest ways to call it anything except a default and give him new rope). ... he was tweeting about how he is against government subsidization, how it's a bad thing. And it used to boggle me, because nobody on earth has benefited more than him from government subsidization.

I've come to realize that he's the kind of guy -- a lot like Donald Trump, I think -- who wants more than anything to convince people that he's the smartest, most successful, most innovative, etc. and it's all his genius that is behind it. And so I am not sure he realizes how incredible it is when he collects more subsidies than anyone (right down to the emmissions credits that he is still collecting to the tune of billions of dollars) and he then disparages susbidization of others. I wonder if he really creates an alternate reality in his own head. Likewise, he corruptly rode Democrats to riches. ... and now he has no use for them anymore.

It's beyond wild to me. But what amazes me almost as much is that most people don't even realize how much this guy has sucked off the teat of Democrats. An insane amount of the pork that Democrats sold to the American public as "stimulus" after the financial crisis ended up in Elon Musk's pocket. He could single-handedly be the poster child for that $800 million boondoggle Obama shepharded through in 2009.

10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

11. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

He's wearing a mask? His conservative pals will be pissed.

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

At least I now longer see his twaddle, not until someone retweets him anyhow.

Draft saved Draft deleted