1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Elon Musk takes over Twitter

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Alma, Apr 25, 2022.

1. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Rupert bought MySpace. Look at how that went.

2. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    I have a special practice; I handle one client.

Baron Scicluna, garrow and Azrael like this.
  3. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

From the desk of The Beside the Point Bureau:

Was culling my DVDs and noticed Musk is listed as a producer on "Thank You For Smoking." What is it with despots and wannabe despots and movies?

Maybe the world would have been a better place if Musk stayed in show business, Trump got into UCLA, etc..

garrow likes this.
  4. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

It’d be a smart purchase if money wasn’t the goal. He’d either control a major mass communications outlet or he’d tank it so liberals have one fewer place to go. Win-win.

5. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

6. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

I’ve blocked so many ads on Twitter, I’m starting to scrape the bottom on the promoted ones I’m seeing. I’m talking Bob’s Country Bunker and super-shady crypto levels.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

8. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

If I had $44 billion, the only people to know my flaws and issues would be maitre d's, sommeliers and pari-mutual clerks. I sure as hell wouldn't spend it to let the world know what an asshole I can be. I save that for you all.

Fred siegle, maumann, wicked and 4 others like this.
  11. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

This story is about the most pathetic, small dick thing I have ever heard. They woke people up in the middle of the night to work exclusively on a project because his fragile ego was bruised?

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

It's wild to me how much people's perceptions of Musk have changed.

This kind of behavior has always been there. ... when people were enamored of him, I pointed out behavior like that many times on here, and it would get turned back on me by some people because I dared to point out negative things about the EV Jesus.

Draft saved Draft deleted