1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Elon Musk takes over Twitter

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Alma, Apr 25, 2022.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

2. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

who wants to tell her

HanSenSE and garrow like this.
  3. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

4. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Elon Musk, citizen journalist. What an amateur spectacle. The only thing I disliked about it is that it provided ammunition to Trump.

5. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Of course she has a blue check.

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

I know you'd like to think your tweets don't stink, but
    Lean a little bit closer, see
    Tweets really smell like coup coup coup--ooh
    Yeah, tweets really smell like coup coup-ooh

Elon Musk (Elon) is a nepo baby who is unfortunately rich
    He took a major social media platform and it is quickly headed for a crash, crash
    Crash into a ditch
    He needs a golden calculator to divide (to divide)
    The time it takes to look inside and realize
    That real guys don't care about-Mars but girls, yeah

I know you'd like to think your tweets don't stink, but
    Lean a little bit closer, see
    Tweets really smell like coup coup coup--ooh
    Yeah, tweets really smell like coup coup-ooh

dixiehack likes this.
  7. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

and you keep running back to his trough.

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Thread on autopilot issues, unintended braking and acceleration, more. Leaked documents from inside Tesla.

9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

10. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I think Fidelity is actually overvaluing their stake. ... they wouldn't get that much if they tried to sell today. FWIW, their current valuation is almost to the penny what I had the company valued when Musk made his offer (I posted on this thread that the company was objectively worth $15 billion).

Since then, the Federal Reserve has hiked rates by another 500 basis points (taking down bubble-like valuations some). ... and Musk leveraged the company to the hilt to pull off the deal, which takes the value of the company way down because it doesn't generate enough cash to even meet its debt servicing. On top of it, Musk has been a PR calamity and by all accounts has driven away some of the advertising, which was the only actual source of revenue the company had before he took it over. It's difficult to say what the company is objectively worth today, because none of us can get a look at the books now. But I suspect that if they were out trying to sell their equity, others would be valuing the company at significantly less than that $14, $15 billion price tag simply based on its earnings / revenue / debt load.

Last edited: May 30, 2023
    Inky_Wretch likes this.
  12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Twitter still has many users, but if it were a public company, I'd have to think it'd have serious "going concern" issues, that is, bankrupt or near to it. Musk is clearly long gone past rational, but financial history is littered with enormous failures that began when one seemingly minor part of a mogul's empire went tits up.

Draft saved Draft deleted