1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Elon Musk takes over Twitter

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Alma, Apr 25, 2022.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I hope you dismissed that nonsense with extreme prejudice, and I also hope that you are comfortable and your days are going as well as they might, Boogie.

CD Boogie likes this.
  2. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

I just don't figure that taking that job as a young actor reflects poorly on his character or intelligence.

3. Neutral Corner

I never said it did. OTOH, he has tons of listeners to his podcast who value his opinion. Often he's taking positions on things like vaccines, where he's got an opinion and scanty knowledge at best.

If you or I do that in conversation or on a message board, we don't do much damage even if we're totally wrong. When it goes out to ten million listeners, that's different.

4. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

The number of trash replies to anyone getting sick or dying saying it was because they were vaccinated.....

5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I kinda wish Hotez would agree to the debate, but say he’ll start off with a pop quiz with five multiple choice questions of his choosing and if RFK cannot get three of them correct, he’ll automatically be deemed not qualified to debate and Hotez will end the conversation.

And justify it by using the pro-gun argument that if you can’t get “basic” facts correct, that you’re not qualified for the discussion.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  7. Neutral Corner

Damn near everyone who dies in this country has been vaccinated for *something*.

wicked likes this.
  8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Everyone who ever died in a car crash while wearing a seatbelt is living proof that seatbelts don't save lives.
    Or something like that.

9. Neutral Corner

They do make it easier for EMTs to find the bodies.

10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

debate meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

11. Neutral Corner

"An argument is a collected series of statements to establish a definite proposition."

Last edited: Jun 20, 2023
  12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

debate meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Draft saved Draft deleted