1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Elon Musk takes over Twitter

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Alma, Apr 25, 2022.

1. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

May they both get eaten by tigers.

Deskgrunt50 and wicked like this.
  2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I know it's an appealing vision, but no one should really fall for this. Neither guy has the slightest intention of exposing themselves to bodily harm and worse, incredible ridicule, and even they did, the other shareholders of the public companies that are the source of their great wealth wouldn't let 'em. Injunctions would fly from the Chancery Court of Delaware to the International Court of Justice.

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Zuckerberg competes in Jiu-Jitsu tournaments. ... and Musk is a nut job, who could give a flying fuck. I can see it happening.

On top of that, Musk has taken so many shots at Zuckerberg and Facebook, and from what I know Zuckerberg genuinely thinks he is a dick. I could see how he would want to physically get the better of Musk. ... not like he would be trying to break his nose, but I could see a scenario where Musk is clowning thinking it's a giant ha ha, and Zuckerberg is stone faced and wanting to get Musk to say uncle.

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I have no love for Zuck whatsoever, but I'll cheer loudly if he puts an armlock on Musk that threatens to dislocate his elbow and forces him to tap out.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

There are more appropriate locations for this fight, such as on board a homemade diving bell.

6. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

“Rate limited, try again later” when trying to use the app. Is this it?

7. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Update: This isn’t it, but I think we can see it over the horizon.

8. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, I must use Twitter for my work, and there isn’t a single day in which I don’t hopefully think, “Is he going to say, ‘Enough’ and sell Twitter to people who actually know what the hell they’re doing?” He was born one step from home plate and he and his stans believe he smashed it into the Allegheny River like Carlos Santana on Friday night. I no longer want to have to give a damn about anything related to this idiotic jackass.

wicked and matt_garth like this.
  9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I’ve had to spend a lot of time babysitting twitter since Thursday and I hate it

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

So Twitter's gonna fuck over its new users and even old users to try to force them to pay $8 a month. Brilliant business plan there. Tesla is a successful company, if not as successful as its stock price says. Space X is a successful company. I don't know how much credit Musk should get for that, but at a minimum, he hasn't fucked them up. From paying over twice what it was worth until today, Musk has done nothing but damage Twitter as a business, never mind its utility value as social media, which he's destroyed.

11. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

It's almost like he's accomplishing something his Saudi financial backers might have wanted all along ...

12. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Elmo pretty close to his dream of Twitter being completely a hard-right, trumplican-only site and filled with his sycophants.

See ya.

Draft saved Draft deleted