1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Elon Musk takes over Twitter

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Alma, Apr 25, 2022.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

You can disable the ad blocker for this site and they will appear.

2. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

3. Ookpik

Ookpik Member

I don't have a Twitter account.

I still can't read replies. Just the original tweet.

4. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Same here.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I got on Threads last night. I like the app. Tough finding my old follows from Twitter though.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

8. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

#EatArbys

9. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

Elmo is very much at the “find out” stage of things. And I’m guessing Meta pays its bills in the Trumpian way he does not.

10. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

I don't think Elon would be very interested in going through the deposition/discovery phase.

sgreenwell, garrow and Neutral Corner like this.
  11. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Did Zuck hire employees Musk fired? No idea of if there is a non-compete deal in this situation. But seems like fair game, especially since Musk fired everyone with little thought, warning or competence. I think I'd take my chances to fuck him over and see what happens when the dust settles.

HanSenSE and Neutral Corner like this.
  12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I write letters like that all of the time. In the letter, they aren’t claiming that the workers violated any non-competes (likely because most are CA based), common law fiduciary duties or employee non-solicits. They don’t even cite any specific examples of the improper use by Meta of Twitter trade secrets or confidential information, just that they shouldn’t do so. It’s a generic shot across the bow likely meant to appease an upset Elon. I’m sure if there is some digging, they are going to find that a Threads employee downloaded or emailed some information from Twitter which they probably shouldn’t have.

sgreenwell likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted