1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Elon Musk takes over Twitter

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Alma, Apr 25, 2022.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Twitter didn’t land on the information superhighway. The information superhighway landed on Twitter.

HanSenSE likes this.
  3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Where is Richard Dawson when you need him?

Survey SAYS! ...

Webster, HanSenSE and Baron Scicluna like this.
  4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

5. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

My guess is this is another Elon Musk ego stroke where he's reveling in the amount of attention he's getting. He'll either switch it back or come up with something more outrageous next. He's the tech equivalent of a heroin addict, or the kid who acts up in class to get attention. He needs the spotlight to be on him, and when it's not, he has to come up with increasingly bizarre decisions. Sort of like the last President.

We're in the Era of Outrage, where people have to be outraged about anything and everything. And guys like Musk and Trump are posterchildren for the "HEY, PAY ATTENTION TO ME!" movement. When "social media influencer" is an actual career path, it speaks poorly of our increasingly short attention spans.

OscarMadison, John, Slacker and 3 others like this.
  6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Why does x.com redirect to Twitter rather than twitter.com redirecting to X?

8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Isn’t U+1D54F the name of one of his kids?

garrow and DanielSimpsonDay like this.
  9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

He has something named "X AE A-XII."

10. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

You see, folks, Phil Collins is worthy of the front page.

For a few years, he played percussion for a jazz fusion band called Brand X. Shouldn't it sue Elon for brand infringement?

garrow likes this.
  11. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

I don't need Twitter for anything except half-reported news stories and hot takes on such. It literally serves no purpose for me and I'm confused on why it's important to anyone else who's not just chasing their tails in the same bid to be first. I get my news alerts from the Wall Street Journal, which is all I need. If you need to know something sooner than what the WSJ or the Times can report than I'd hazard to say you need to recalibrate.

12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Remember the episode where Mulder and Scully investigate the racist South African tech lord....and he's an alien?

OscarMadison likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted