1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Elon Musk takes over Twitter

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Alma, Apr 25, 2022.

1. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

That must be why I got dozens of bots today wringing their fake hands over Biden's handling of Ukraine and declaring we have our own problems here.

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

When he first started to flirt with buying the company and he was accumulating shares, he was critical of them because there were too many bots and HE was just the guy to fix it. Then, when he realized that financially he had bit off more than he could chew and way overpaid, and he was trying to get out of the deal he agreed to, he claimed that there were too many bots, so he shouldn't be forced to make good on what he agreed to. Then, he took control, and anecdotally, the number of bots has exploded. Now. ... he's going to purge bots. He's just the guy to do it, too.

HanSenSE and sgreenwell like this.
  3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I saw 3 truckloads of Tesla Cybertrucks getting hauled down the 101 the other day and I couldn’t believe how shitty they looked. The door panels were discolored like a 9 year old dishwasher’s, and even though they were passing by in the opposite direction I could see how large the body panel gaps were. Just hideous. CyberAztek indeed.

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Did those get outsourced to Fanatics too?

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Stealing that.

I can only assume each purchase comes with a lifetime supply of Barkeeper’s Friend.

6. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

It is an aggressively shitty looking vehicle, and its sole purpose seems to be to test the floor for what Musk fanboys will buy.

TigerVols and justgladtobehere like this.
  7. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

When Tesla shit out the 3, I saw some early models in parking lots and the panel gaps were absurd.

Complaints about Tesla have been the same for years. Poor production and high repair costs. The Cybertruck looks like the epitome of those complaints. We'll see. Tesla has come out of this before somehow.

sgreenwell likes this.
  8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

One of my neighbors has a Tesla, somebody pulled out in front of him two weeks ago and caused a wreck. My neighbor hasn't been able to find anybody willing or able to do the front-end work.

9. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Tesla cutting 10% of its employees. It seems Elon is embracing the "do more with less" mentality of most newspaper publishers.

As we prepare the company for the next phase of growth, it is extremely important to look at every aspect of the company for cost reductions and increasing productivity,” Mr. Musk told employees in an email, a copy of which was reviewed by The New York Times.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/04/15/business/tesla-layoff-elon-musk.html

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

“This isn’t a factory, it’s a Local Automobile Center. Tesla 2000!” - Gannett Elon.

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted