1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Elon Musk takes over Twitter

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Alma, Apr 25, 2022.

1. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Songbird likes this.
  2. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

“Interview” is a word. Not sure it applies to the Smelvis and Elmo show.

Jesus_Muscatel likes this.
  3. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

TFG sounds like Daffy Duck.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Lisping mincing floppy wristed fairyboy -- America's alpha male.

5. YMCA B-Baller

YMCA B-Baller Well-Known Member

That's some high-quality Starmaning.

Elon looks like tech bro Mao Zedong.

Fred siegle likes this.
  6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Well if you go cosplaying as Chairman Mao
    You ain't gonna steal our election anyhow

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Those hackers have gotten so sophisticated that they can do the impossible. They launched a denial of service attack that somehow left all of Twitter functioning perfectly EXCEPT for that one spaces chat.

sgreenwell, Inky_Wretch and Webster like this.
  8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I always thought Stephen Miller’s comeuppance would be pretty sweet but Elon’s will be cataclysmic.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Mark Zuckerberg with some stunning admissions, in writing, to the House Judiciary Committee.

11. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

Maybe it makes me anti-free speech, but my gut reaction is that I don't have a problem with a government trying to limit the potential spread of misinformation - even via satire or memes - during an unprecedented and unpredictable global pandemic.

And I don't have much of a problem with a communication platform restricting the spread of a news item out of concern over a potential misinformation campaign designed to impact free and fair elections.

I recognize that there are ethical issues with both stances and that such actions are fraught with potential problems. But I'm also quite convinced that the anything goes approach to social media doesn't work and is actually quite harmful to a productive society.

There needs to be guide rails and structure to social media. Figuring that out is going to have some missteps.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  12. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Yeah, this isn’t the smoking gun Batman thinks it is. If it were, it wouldn’t be coming from the GOP judiciary committee.

Draft saved Draft deleted