1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Elon Musk takes over Twitter

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Alma, Apr 25, 2022.

1. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I think I “registered” an account once — has to be close to 20 years ago now, when it was first supposed to “save” journalism (lol) — and spent about a half-hour looking around. I then logged out and haven’t logged back in since, because it seemed like the dumbest fucking thing I’d ever seen.

Everything that’s happened since has reinforced that impression.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Until another viable social media platform is pulsating with action during big sporting events (or even random CFB days), I’m afraid I’ll stick there. Unfortunately.

wicked likes this.
  3. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

If I ever have another date, she’s going to be disappointed that I only have inactive facespace and LinkedIn accounts that I haven’t even logged on for years and years.

4. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

*JD voice* I'll see you there, buddy.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  5. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

I've never had Twitter but actually was gonna set up an account the other day so I could read extended threads. But then I saw Elmo now charges $3 a month for even a basic account, and I don't wanna give money to that asshole.

I might cave, though. Extended threads from legitimate journalists and watchdog sources might pull me in.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

7. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

8. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Traitors should hang.

9. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Foreign actors have been "involved" in sowing dissent in the US probably since the beginning of the Revolution. Tories, Doughfaces, Liberty Leaguers, Vietnam protests, the Palestinian movement and the pro-Russia stuff in the US.

There really is no reason to oppose US support of Ukraine other than being paid by Russia. Your friends aren't being drafted and killed, your relatives aren't being killed in Israeli strikes. You could argue I guess that the money only amplified (gave a bigger platform or microphone) and "established" such views as "genuine and authentic" - but that's all it takes. Murdoch pumped money into the NY Post for decades without profit - because it served his purposes.

11. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

That headline is in no way inaccurate. Not surprised to see you stanning Russian agents, tho. Anything to own the libs, right?

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

What's worse?

A. Knowing Moscow is paying you $400,000 per month and intentionally doing propaganda for Russia to sow discord in the USA?

B. Having your own ideas align so perfectly with Moscow's propaganda that they decide to pay you $400,000 per month to sow discord in the USA?

Draft saved Draft deleted