1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ESPN pay cuts?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Azrael, Apr 13, 2020.

1. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

I recently found the network as a channel on the Samsung app on its smart TVs. I think it was next to a channel showing videos of puppies eating their own crap.

2. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

When does the Scott Van Pelt vanity project end?

Liut likes this.
  3. Readallover

Readallover Active Member

4. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

They will have to pry my cable subscription out of my cold, dead hands. Streaming UX really needs to improve before I'm on board. Right now the way it's set up, it's as if I'd have to dial 20 numbers to connect with a cellphone, then wait for a minute lag while the call loaded up.

5. Readallover

Readallover Active Member

FiOS is so scared of losing more customers that my rate has stayed flat for the past 4 years. I'm a customer until it folds.

6. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Comcast DGAF anymore. I've tried to renegotiate with them and they won't budge.

PaperClip529 likes this.
  7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I pay less for my car than my wife pays for cable.

8. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

I doubt if you will have a choice to abandon your cable company. I think that your cable company is going the way of Blockbuster. When homes started to get internet service the fiber optic lines did not have enough capacity to carry video. If you wanted to rent a movie off to Blockbuster you had to go. When the fiber optic technology improved enough to carry video Blockbuster disappeared. The fiber optic lines that internet providers now use have enough capacity to handle all the cable channels. It is cheaper to push the channels out through one network along with internet and telephone service rather than maintaining separate lines. I think the cable providers are going to got the way of Blockbuster.

9. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Same here, by about $20.

10. PaperClip529

PaperClip529 Active Member

When I finally cut cable two years ago, the last-second deal they offered me to stay included an added phone line I didn't need and a price that was higher than what I said I didn't want to pay.

11. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

And my car has massaging seats and can park itself*

* - I will never use this feature but will happily tell people about it

Draft saved Draft deleted