1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Even The Wolf likely can't clean up Harvey Weinstein's pending troubles

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Double Down, Oct 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I thought about throwing her out one of the windows, but they're really nice stained glass ones!

YankeeFan likes this.
  2. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

There's not enough defenestration in today's world. More specifically, there aren't enough opportunities to use the word "defenestration."

HC, Hermes, doctorquant and 1 other person like this.
  3. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

No doubt there were some that, as he says "let you do it". Of course there are women out there (way out there!) who would like trump to do that and I assume anyone would admit that. But the correct point is that you are right, so many on record that objected.

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

It's a "correct point" that was both obvious and completely unresponsive to the question that @YankeeFan asked. (Though we got there eventually.)

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Now you're just projecting. She did not have consent. She took action without communicating with the guy in any way. She just walked over and started touching. They did not speak. They did not make eye contact. There was no verbal or non-verbal consent. By the definition you offered, it was sexual assault. You just don't like that it shows a flaw in your standard, so you are twisting yourself in knots to avoid admitting it.

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I am just catching up to this thread after a long weekend in a college town -- two days, zero asses grabbed, not even at the sorority reunion where the ladies were all husband-less for the weekend and buying us drinks. I don't know if that makes me a stand-up guy or the world's most lame-ass suburban dad.

Anyway, is someone citing "Horrible Bosses" here as a regular part of conversation? And that it would be bad to laugh at the Jennifer Aniston scenario? I laughed at that one pretty hard. I also laughed at their attempts to murder their bosses, although I would not condone that course of action in my own or any other actual workplace. To be clear, I am not advocating the murder of one's boss even though I did find humor in the scenarios presented in the film.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That is an excellent comparison. Also, as far as she knew, he could have been gay. Perhaps his partner was part of the group. Or perhaps he was straight and his girlfriend was about to show up any minute. Or perhaps he just didn't find her appealing and didn't want her to touch him. There are any number of reasons he could have wanted to reject her behavior, but she wouldn't know because she didn't bother to get consent.

8. lakefront

whole other level to the situation
    generally speaking
    generally speaking
    Lots and lots of fine points to this whole issue
    More complex than I would have ever thought
    I don't know how we are suppose to figure this out

Next time quote someone else who totally agrees with your quote.

9. Dick Whitman

What is "complex" about the incident at the concert I described?

10. lakefront

The crotch grabber? I would call that groping.

11. lakefront

Good for you! you win the case? I guess.

Please, let some huge celebrity get outed so we can move on.

12. Dick Whitman

Why not sexual assault?

YankeeFan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.