1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Even The Wolf likely can't clean up Harvey Weinstein's pending troubles

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Double Down, Oct 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I think it's more general than that. I believe he thinks that due to having a Y chromosome, we're automatically supposed to stare sheepishly toward the ground, kick an imaginary stone and mutter, "We're sorry."

Thing is, not everyone with a Y chromosome is a cretin devoid of resisting their base instincts.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

You added two words.

YankeeFan likes this.
  3. Dick Whitman

He might.

I’m interested to hear if we should try sex crime cases.

4. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

All in favour of Dick going back to his former, busier life, say Aye!

5. jr/shotglass

I take you a lot more seriously when you don't type in Canadian.

6. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

He is a lawyer? (sorry most of you all look alike to me) I think he must be an awesome lawyer. I would like to know what kind he practiced/practices.

7. typefitter

Believe it or not, if I type in American, it gets underlined in red. Which is good and patriotic and forces me to fix it. I just have no idea how my computer (or this site, whichever it is) knows I'm Canadian.

8. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Yeah, my view here is you don't get to hide behind a presumption of innocence or the reasonable doubt standard in the court of public opinion, where a guy like Roy Moore has already been declared guilty as hell of being a child molester at the very least. Whether he ever serves a day in jail or make a financial settlement, he has been convicted by me and majority of others of being a child molester until he proves in a clear and convincing way that he's not. He never gets his reputation back. If I saw him in public I'd warn women and children around him that they're in the midst of a child molester. If he thinks that's unfair, fuck him.

9. typefitter

He is a lawyer. I don't know his area of expertise. I just know he used to commute to work at a big corporate firm in the city but he gave it up (not incorrectly, I should point out) to work at a smaller place near his house. He has more of a life now. Unfortunately, he's spending all his newly free time here saying the same thing over and over again.

10. jr/shotglass

Well, I know that means if we believe in reasonable doubt, that means fuck us. But I still think I'll stand behind that standard.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Man, you both spend a lot of time figuratively pissing in each other's shoes.

12. Dick Whitman

Would you be comfortable jailing him without a trial?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.