1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Even The Wolf likely can't clean up Harvey Weinstein's pending troubles

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Double Down, Oct 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

There a lot of journalists sweating right now, and they should be.

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Two things about that recording of him and Ambra Battilana Gutierrez. One, it is just so creepy. His voice alone makes me want to take a shower.

Two, that NY Post account might not be too off, DD. One thing that makes you have to wonder about her. ... This wasn't the first time she got herself into an uncomfortable situation with a powerful, older sex-obsessed man. . ... and then took him down. She testitied at Silvio Berlusconi's trial for statutory rape about one of his "bunga bunga" parties -- the orgies he and his friends had with houses filled with hookers. She said she was invited to the party and then was shocked (same way she was shocked by Harvey Weinstein's octopus hands) by the degrading acts she was subjected to and the women performing nude lap dances for Berlusconi and his buddies.

Whether it's coincidental or not. ... She's a bit like the Zelig of beautiful aspiring actress / models who are surprised when powerful men 3 times her age take an interest in her and show their stripes when she goes to meet them.

3. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

6. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

If Bill Cosby accuses Harvey Weinstein of sexual harassment, the circle will be complete.

7. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

The questioning of the post article has to do with using that particular picture of the woman when I'm sure there were several others that could have been used.

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

From Ronan's story ... so, Ro, are you spelling numbers out or using them in the proper sense? lol

I was told by thirteen women that, between the nineteen-nineties and 2015,

It also works in the first-person thread.

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

It's not as bad, but a lot of folks are upset with the picture the Huffington Post ran with this tweet.

Rose McGowan has tweeted that her (then) boyfriend sold the distribution of his film to her rapist.

So, the HuffPost uses a picture of her, her (then) boyfriend, and Weinstein.

10. YankeeFan

That article is pretty incredible.

I'm a little surprised that he pulled that with Paltrow, based on who her parents are. Most predators choose their victims based on their vulnerability.

11. YankeeFan

Don't ruin your friendship with me for five minutes.

The audio the New Yorker published is upsetting, and damning.

12. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.