1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Even The Wolf likely can't clean up Harvey Weinstein's pending troubles

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Double Down, Oct 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

There’s a good kind of spanking, but that sure ain’t it.

2. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

But enough about you.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I do like the idea of that legal defense fund, figure they will have no problem finding people to help fund it (willingly or as penance).

4. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

6. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Don't fuck with Paulie.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

A youthful indiscretion. No bigs. Dem boys sure grow up slow in Alabama.

“As a very young man with more authority than judgment, I did some things I regret,” the statement said. “At my advanced age I wish I could relive those days again, knowing the seriousness of my position with the accumulated judgment that goes with age.” Ayers was in his late 30s or early 40s when the alleged incidents took place.

8. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Honestly, I was always surprised that he harassed her, based on who her father was.

10. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

As a foreigner who has lived among the British a long time, let me tell you. Spanking is not a kink that goes away with age.

EDIT: I was just reading the latest Times article on the resignation of the New York City Ballet director Peter Martins. Apparently, the board of directors just did not know about three decades of alleged hijinks until they got an anonymous letter.

For once, I'd like to see a board issue a semi-truthful response in these situations. "We're just paid a nice five-figure compensation to show up at meetings a few times a year. We know that the ballet does probably perform in New York. But whether state or city, we're not prepared to comment on"

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
  11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Is Sorvino a tough guy, or just plays one in films?

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I'd guess that as an Italian guy, who grew up in Brooklyn, and has portrayed gangsters, he knows a few guys.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.