1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Even The Wolf likely can't clean up Harvey Weinstein's pending troubles

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Double Down, Oct 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

No idea; I don't get out much.

In some ways, it's a pretty dumb policy ... I'm not at some small liberal arts college where everybody knows everybody and the students are all 18-25. Were I "on the market" it's not unreasonable to think I might run afoul of the policy inadvertently.

2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Is there going to be an opposite effect where men en masse start accusing the spectrum of high-powered women of sexual misconduct?

4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

5. Songbird

Next up on accusations of sexual assault: God

6. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Never forget.

8. Songbird

Honey, let me show you how vee did it in Aushvitz.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2017
  9. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

At around age 12 or 13, a group of my friends and I went through a brief phase of shoplifting as a form of competition - the more challenging the theft, the greater the backslapping. It was all petty stuff - candy, a baseball hat, maybe a CD was the most expensive thing any of us ever swiped. Anyway, in one week, three of my friends got busted for shoplifting. Handcuffs, police cruisers, facing their parents and a judge, the whole kit-n-caboodle. I immediately stopped and have never stolen anything again in my life. I knew if I kept doing it, I'd get caught and have to face the music - maybe even for the things I had previously stolen.

I'm somewhat hopeful that all of these assholes who have gotten away with harassment and assault all of these years because "that's the way the business worked" have been put on notice that if they continue doing it, they're going to get caught. These women are going to come forward and it will be their careers that get ruined, not the women's. The stakes are a helluva lot higher for them than they were for my bubble-gum-stealing ass.

CD Boogie likes this.
  12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.