1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Even The Wolf likely can't clean up Harvey Weinstein's pending troubles

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Double Down, Oct 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

He’s a genius. Are we to lose our geniuses over demeaning and inappropriate comments? It’s inexcusable conduct. But if a Nobel caliber researcher is fired for demeaning comments and actions are we going to suffer with cancer because he was denied work? Wieseltier isn’t curing diseases, but he’s a brilliant mind and writer. Are we to be denied his work? If Einstein made advances towards a research assistant should we ignore his work? Should we remove Picasso and Degas from museums if there were accusations of improprieties?

4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

There’s a big conference in late November I usually attend (I’m going this year), and a few eminences are normally present. I suspect this year we’ll see fewer instances of old-fart-eminence-holding-boozy-court-with-doctoral-students ...

5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

6. CD Boogie

Yes but mainly because his work is largely overrated crap

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Trumpism, deny everything indignantly and accuse the accuser with bellicosity and lie about one’s accomplishments with grandiosity

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I don't know if O'Reilly realizes it or would acknowledge it, but the only reason anyone would give him the time of day would be if he could do something for him. Weinstein and Ailes absolutely realized it and tried to leverage that for sex. They have mirrors. O'Reilly might have figured these women actually like him or enjoyed his company as much as he did. Maybe he wasn't aware of the power dynamic, it still existed and if his (professional) interest in these women ended when he realized nothing was going to happen - he's guilty.

9. CD Boogie

Odd bc normally guys with lazy eyes get all the chicks

10. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

A friend saw the infamous men in media list referenced in the Wieseltier piece and there were a few sports media names that were fairly surprising, some with incredibly specific stories and accusations, others with basically no info. The veracity of any of it, of course....

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Fox News gonna be busy on this one. I'm finding it hard to fathom an 89-year-old man gettin' all hound-doggy, but her post was pretty clear.

George H. W. Bush Apologizes to Actress After She Claims He 'Sexually Assaulted' Her During a Photo Shoot

“He didn’t shake my hand. He touched me from behind from his wheelchair with his wife Barbara Bush by his side. He told me a dirty joke. And then, all the while being photographed, touched me again.”

Spokesman says:

“President Bush would never — under any circumstance — intentionally cause anyone distress, and he most sincerely apologizes if his attempt at humor offended Ms. Lind.”

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.